Bluetooth 4.0 is required to use Soundbrenner DAW Tools. Older model Macs run a different version of Bluetooth that is less robust and will not allow the Soundbrenner Pulse to sync with Soundbrenner DAW Tools. Here's how to determine if your Mac is Bluetooth 4.0 compliant.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner of the navigation menu in macOS
- Select About This Mac
- Click on the System Report... button
- Select Bluetooth in the sidebar menu, underneath "Hardware"
- Scan down the list of information. If you find "Bluetooth Low Energy Supported - Yes" then your Mac is compatible
- In case you do not find this, look for "LMP version". Bluetooth 4.0 (0x6) and higher numbers (e.g. Bluetooth 5.0 (0x9) are all supported. If your number is lower, your Mac is probably not supported.
If your Mac is unable to run Bluetooth 4.0, you can try to add Bluetooth via USB Stick to your Mac. Bluetooth USB sticks can for example be purchased on Amazon. Please note that Soundbrenner can't guarantee that this suggestion will work with your particular Mac.