With Ableton Link, you can connect our iOS and Android app "The Metronome by Soundbrenner" to Ableton Live, or other music apps that support Ableton Link. This feature is also compatible with Soundbrenner wearables! To establish a connection, Ableton Link requires all devices to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Here is a list of apps that are compatible with Ableton Link:
How to set it up:
1. Make sure that your computer and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Make sure that your Ableton Live version is 9.6 or higher.
3. Make sure that your computer runs Windows 7 or higher / Mac OS X 10.7.5 or higher.
4. Go to Ableton Live Preferences -> Link / MIDI tab and make sure your Link Toggle is set to "Show"
5. Your Link Toggle will appear on your Ableton Link's control bar.
On your mobile device:
1. Go to your App Settings and turn Ableton Link "On"
2. When you enable your Ableton Link, you will receive a notification on your mobile device showing that you have successfully established a connection between your Ableton Live and iOS device.
3. When your mobile device and Ableton Live are linked, you will see track status display (black and yellow dots) under your accents. This is the indicator of the beat status. Just as any Ableton Clip would do, when you press play on your metronome, it will start playing from the next downbeat according to the Ableton Live.
4. Success! The Metronome by Soundbrenner and your Soundbrenner Pulse are now in perfect sync with Ableton Live!