The Soundbrenner Pulse and Soundbrenner Core need to be activated in our companion app “The Metronome by Soundbrenner”. To establish a connection, your smartphone or tablet require at least Bluetooth 4.0 (also called Bluetooth LE or Bluetooth Smart) as well as iOS 12 (and later) or Android 5 (and later).
Compatible iOS devices
All iOS devices that are compatible with iOS 12:
- iPhone 5s and later
- iPod touch (6th generation) and later
- iPad (5th generation) and later
Compatible Android devices
Most Android smartphones and tablets that were released in 2014 and later will be compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 and support Android 5 and later. If you are not sure whether your device is compatible, feel free to contact our support. We would love to hear from you!
Below is a list of Android manufacturers where our users have reported problems with Bluetooth connections in the past years. It does not necessarily mean that problems still exist today with modern devices as the manufacturers may have fixed their Bluetooth issues or they were not present in all their models to begin with.
- Sony (Some Sony mobile devices can't perform firmware updates with our wearables. Since firmware updates are infrequent, we recommend to borrow a mobile device from a spouse or friend to perform them.)
- Huawei (Some Huawei mobile devices can only connect up to 3 Bluetooth devices, so you might experience limited multi-player synchronization capabilities)
- Xiaomi (Some Xiaomi mobile devices have irregularities with receiving smartphone notifications)
- Oppo (Some Oppo mobile devices have irregularities with receiving smartphone notifications)
- Vivo (Some Vivo mobile devices have irregularities with receiving smartphone notifications)
- Nokia (Some Nokia mobile devices have irregularities with staying paired via Bluetooth over longer periods of time)
To learn more about how to sync our wearables with DAWs, please go here:
Foot pedal compatibility
Our companion app "The Metronome by Soundbrenner" supports receiving inputs from foot pedals that are connected to your iOS or Android mobile device. Even though a foot pedal is not listed below, it will most likely work with our app - we just haven't tested it yet. Foot pedals we have verified and are definitely supported:
- Stomp Bluetooth foot pedal by Coda (available for purchase on soundbrenner.com/shop-stomp)